Care Attendants perform their duties under the direction of the Co-ordinator.
To provide support and care for clients in accordance with care plans, and support to carers enabling them to care effectively. This can be in a social setting, e.g. outings, visiting to chat, hobbies, etc., or caring duties as below, and occasional domestic duties if appropriate to that client.
- To encourage the client to use his/her own capabilities, encouraging maximum independence, and to use good working practice at all times in clients’ homes.
Caring Duties (appropriate training will be provided; Caring duties can include the following examples)
- Providing physical assistance with dressing, washing and feeding as required.
- Supporting clients with mobilisation, both in the home and on short accompanied walks.
- Assisting with bathing and hair washing as required.
- Encouraging clients to perform daily living tasks, e.g. shopping, cleaning, ironing and other light domestic duties, assisting with these if necessary.
- Encouraging rehabilitation if appropriate.
- Assisting with preparing and cooking meals, or encouraging client to do this for themselves.
- Assisting with personal continence problems if required, maintaining high levels of personal hygiene.
We try to ensure the personal dignity of client is respected at all times.
- Recording duties in Care Plans
- Attending staff meetings if required
- Undergoing training where necessary
We look after a wide variety of clients, including elderly, children, severe disabilities, patients in Palliative Care (in the final stages of life), and people with special needs.
The Care Attendant may be required to perform duties other than those given in this job description. Duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time, according to the needs of the clients and the organisation.
The benefits of working for Crossroads
Staff are paid the National Living Wage with an enhancement for SVQ2
Staff are paid to complete SVQ2
Staff are paid mileage
Uniforms are provided
We have an open door policy with someone on call outwith office hours.